How Can Classic Car Owners in Massachusetts Get a Classic Auto Policy?
Classic car owners in Massachusetts who want to explore their insurance options should contact an independent insurance agent who helps people with auto insurance. Most auto insurance agents will be able to explain the differences between classic car insurance policies and standard auto policies, and they can help owners look for a policy that’s right for their classic automobile.
What Coverages Does Classic Auto Insurance Offer?
Classic auto insurance policies generally make available many of the coverages that standard auto insurance policies have, as well as some coverages and protections that usually aren’t found in standard policies.
Some of the coverages that are normally found in both classic and standard auto insurance policies include:
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
- Property Damage Liability Coverage
- Comprehensive and Collision Coverage
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage
A few coverages and other protections that are usually unique to classic auto policies are:
- Guaranteed Value Coverage, which normally eliminates depreciation from consideration when valuing the insured vehicle
- Flexible Usage, which normally removes any mileage restrictions
- 24/7 Emergency Roadside Service for Collectible Cars, which normally guarantees a flatbed tow truck that has soft straps if towing is needed
The additional protections like these aren’t major factors for drivers of newer vehicles. For the classic car owner, however, it’s reassuring to know your vehicle is insured for its full value and will be properly cared for if it breaks down.
What Should Drivers Look for When Selecting a Classic Auto Insurance Policy?
It’s, of course, important to evaluate a classic auto insurance policy’s coverages and premiums when selecting a policy. These aren’t the only factors to consider, though. The company offering the policy also ought to play a major role in the decision to purchase a policy.
Should you ever have to file a claim on your classic auto policy, you’ll receive the best service if you purchase a policy from a company that specializes in classic policies (as opposed to standard policies. A specialized insurance provider will probably offer:
- Lower premiums than come with standard auto policies
- Representatives who are familiar with classic vehicles
- A parts-finding service should your vehicle need a rare part
Additionally, some classic auto insurance providers give back to the community by donating to organizations like the Historic Vehicle Association and RPM Foundation.