What Type of Car Insurance Coverages Are Available to Me?
Auto insurance policies provide protection from a variety of financial losses that can be caused by car accidents. A policy might cover property damage, physical injury and other potential risks, depending on which coverages and limits a driver selects. Some common types of coverage include the following:
- Carrier Specific Enhancements such as Accident Forgiveness and Disappearing Deductibles may be availabl
- Personal Injury Protection, which may cover injuries that people in the drivers’ vehicle sustain
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage, which might cover injuries that others sustain
- Property Damage Liability Coverage, which typically covers damage caused to other people’s property
- Collision and Comprehensive Coverage, which usually covers damage to the driver’s vehicle
- Underinsured and Uninsured Motorist Coverage, which helps make sure a driver is covered if another driver is responsible but doesn’t have enough insurance
Although these coverages are common, they aren’t all included in every policy. Drivers should review their insurance needs with an independent insurance agent to help determine what coverages make the most sense for them. There are insurance agents throughout the state, so it’s easy to find a local agent regardless of whether you live in Boston, MA or Springfield, MA.
How Much Coverage Should Massachusetts Drivers Have?
Legally speaking, drivers only need to maintain the state’s minimum required levels of coverage, but many drivers find that these minimal requirements don’t provide them with all of the protection they’d like. For instance, drivers often sign up for policies that have comprehensive and collision coverage so that their car is insured against damage, but these coverages are sometimes considered optional coverages.
Drivers who want help determining what levels of car insurance coverage would be good for them should talk with an auto insurance agent who serves Massachusetts. An agent can explain the different coverages that are available in more detail and provide examples of when each would be needed. Once a driver decides on what coverages they want, an agent can help them find an auto insurance policy that has the protections they’re looking for.